Continuous motion Rigged track

First off I just came across this forum & it looks like there are a lot of minds here that could help me out.

Here is the idea that I am looking at. There is a looped traveler track that will be hung 20' up. The track would be a square 10' x 20' with rounded corners to make a continuous loop. From the track there would be approximately 12 mannequins hung from the rollers (approximately 50lbs each) that would move around the continuous track in one direction.

Most of what I have seen or done to automate this pulls in one direction stops then returns.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this might be accomplished, or if there is a better way?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

First off I just came across this forum & it looks like there are a lot of minds here that could help me out.

Here is the idea that I am looking at. There is a looped traveler track that will be hung 20' up. The track would be a square 10' x 20' with rounded corners to make a continuous loop. From the track there would be approximately 12 mannequins hung from the rollers (approximately 50lbs each) that would move around the continuous track in one direction.

Most of what I have seen or done to automate this pulls in one direction stops then returns.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this might be accomplished, or if there is a better way?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The easiest way would probably look for a company that makes tracks for dry cleaners. If you could find used tracks, that would be less expensive.

Just a thought...

JLNorthGA

That was one of the first thoughts, however after contacting a vendor that makes that sort of track system, the way that it is made it would need to be permanently installed (would need to fix to venue ceilings), where I don't have that luxury. All cases for use would be only temporary.

MPowers

Thanks I believe that this is exactly what I am looking for.

On a side note I think I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back