controllable festoon/cafe etc. bulbs

len

Couldn't find an old thread (if there was one) but does anyone have a source for individually controllable cafe/festoon/string lights? Similar to these:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They appear at about 9 seconds in the video, for about 2 seconds. Look like every other cafe type lamp but they are being controlled like a pixel mapping type fixture.

Couldn't find an old thread (if there was one) but does anyone have a source for individually controllable cafe/festoon/string lights? Similar to these:

They appear at about 9 seconds in the video, for about 2 seconds. Look like every other cafe type lamp but they are being controlled like a pixel mapping type fixture.

Depending upon what you're doing, and how tight your budget is, you could always take 3 or 4, or more, standard Christmas light strings and stagger the ends such that every third or fourth lamp is on a different string. This used to work well with DMX controlled chases with standard dimmers. If you're even older, it also used to work well with the little motor driven mechanical chasers with cams and butch micro-switches.
EDIT: "Cams" as in mechanical cam lobes on a rotating shaft. Nothing to do with CamLoks. When I read what I'd posted, I had visions of someone mentally connecting CamLoks with "butch" (VERY BUTCH) micro-switches.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Oh I was just using the link as a reference. I wouldn't buy from Ali unless it was the last place I could find something.

Oh I was just using the link as a reference. I wouldn't buy from Ali unless it was the last place I could find something.

Actually found 2 products that are really possible. I buy from Alibaba vendors often. It just takes some patience and good communication.

I used to work for a company that did a very similar installation in oak park just outside of Chicago and they used something called "Dot XL" by Traxon.

The Festoon from Chauvet are in our DJ range, so I am not as informed on them as our Pro products.... But, having just put in an order for my personal use, I can tell you that each driver runs ships with a 15m string of lamps, and a 5m extension cable... also each diver can run up to 3, 15m strings (the original one that ships with it, and up to two more EXTENSIONS). So, roughly 150' per driver.

-Ford

Check out the Chauvet Festoon range. The only problem is you'll need power supplies out the ying yang if you are covering a large area.

I run anywhere between 600' and 1000' per install and less than 3 hours to make it happen sometimes. That seems like too much wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back