Controllable Riser

You can buy a tv lift that is designed to do just that but last time I looked they started at about $600 for a small tv.

What kind of TV?
What size of TV?
What's the overhead space like?
What is your budget?
What's your turn around time?
What do you have at your disposal to fabricate if that is the road to go?

any ideas on how to create this on our own to fit our specs?
There are a number of display lift products available (TV lifts from Auton, the leader of motorized TV lifts and automated TV lift mechanisms., SVS_DisplayCeiling, Flat Panel Automated Pop-Up Lift - CM2L40 Series, etc.), including some made specifically for such applications (Display Devices - Products - Staging Solutions - Motorized Case Lift for Flat Panel Displays), have you looked to see if any of those might work for you? If you want to DIY then what tools, materials and skills are available to you and what is the application, i.e. might UL listing, verified load rating, etc. be relevant?

I would grab someone who knows metal work and head down to the auto parts store and talk to them about pressurized shocks that are used to assist with lifting a flip up back window or gate on a car. I don't know a lot about that stuff but there's a solution there that isn't too expensive if you are clever enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back