Convincing a director...

How about this, Duck? Look upon it as an opportunity/challenge rather than as a design obstacle. It's (relatively) easy to convey time of day and mood using a cyc, but may be more interesting to attempt to convey "illusion of nature" in a black void.

There must be a reason why the director/designer wants to use a big ugly white sheet instead of the rich red pleated velvet house curtain; you just don't know what it is yet. Or, he could be an idiot; but either way, it's up to you to make the best of it.

This made me laugh, Thanks. Yeah the meeting on Thursday will hopefully shed more light.

You must admit, Duck, that Derek has a tendency to speak simple words of truth now and then- hmmm?!

Thanks Derek, I enjoyed that approach also-

A little update on what happened today regarding the cyc.

Whether it be the grace of the gods or just him deciding he didn't want to take the time to move it, he decided to leave the cyc where it is at... right behind 3rd electric but hey, its better than on line set 1. It was so hard to contain my joy when he said that right away I almost squeaked. So I've also heard from the non-exhistant script that the three scenes he wants to punch and be remembered are the tiger song, The huffalump song, and the winnie/bee scene. Now comes the fun part of organizing a fixture inventory, a cable inventory, and gel selection.

Well congrats Duck, at least things are a little closer to normal than they were last week!

Now comes the fun part of organizing a fixture inventory, a cable inventory, and gel selection.

And now you get to do your magic-

Looking forward to updates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back