Crown PCC 160 vs. Shure MX393/S

arshan

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there would be any practical difference using Shure MX393s with supercardioid capsules vs. Crown PCC 160s for micing a stage for a dance show.

Basically, I've used PCCs for this before, but the space I'm working in has MX393s in inventory which would be easier than renting PCCs. I took a look at the MX393 spec sheet, and it seems it would be a fine substitute, but just wanted to check if anyone had personal experience with MX393s, since I've never actually used them myself, and I probably won't have a chance to try them out before teching the show.

Many thanks in advance!
-Arshan

rent??

basically, you can pick them up nearly at will on ebay for about $100.

PCC160 are very reliable and predictable.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there would be any practical difference using Shure MX393s with supercardioid capsules vs. Crown PCC 160s for micing a stage for a dance show.

I have Shure MX393's and run them.... They work in my space for what we are asking them to do, now that won't guarantee that they will work in your space. Given a choice I prefer the sound from the Crown PCC 160's, but lacking any budget, the Shure units get the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back