Define: fallout radius

From http://www.z11pyro.com/terms.html:
Fallout Radius. A line that defines the fallout area of a pyrotechnic device (effect). The line is defined by two points. The first point is at the center of the device. The second point is the point most distant from the center of the device at which any hazardous debris from the device can fall.
Be aware our TOS/Safety states:
The users of ControlBooth, in a effort to police themselves, have evolved the following: No discussion of "how-to" of rigging, pyrotechnics, human flight, stunt falls, weapons and electrical will be permitted. Our stock answer to these questions is always "Consult a qualified professional."

Last edited:
no, no, no...a fallout radius is when you really have to chew out a crew member, and I mean really chew them out (your face gets red, your vains show.....) and all the other crew members start backing away from your victim. How far away they back up is your fallout radius.

no, no, no...a fallout radius is when you really have to chew out a crew member, and I mean really chew them out (your face gets red, your vains show.....) and all the other crew members start backing away from your victim. How far away they back up is your fallout radius.

That's what I always thought..... :lol:

In the real estate industry it refers to the radius surrounding towers, poles, etc., and depending on the type of loan the radius needs to be equal to or greater than the height of the tower. Sometimes even 2x as great.

Water towers are not included since the real damage if one were to fail would be in the water, not the tower itself.

A circle you don't want to be in.

I guess that fits each of our descriptions, regardless of discipline! (Brings to mind a Youtube vid of a steel structure being demolished...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back