Denon CD player Hum

Hopefully someone out there can help us with this issue. Our Denon CD player is causing a bad hum in our system. It's a Denon CD player with iPod dock. We have it patched into our Midas Venice Series 32 line in via RCA to male quarter jack with the power cord plugged into a power condenser in our sound rack. The issue originally only happened when we used the iPod dock, but since we have sent it off to repair and got it back the hum is occurring not only with the iPod dock but with the CD player and Aux in. Before we sent it to repair I switch cables, board channels, and power outlets with no changes in the issue. I contacted Denon and they told me that it was an internal issue, so I sent it off for repair. The repair tech contacted me and told me she couldn't find any issues. After a little research she did find where some of the Denon CD player's with iPod docks have a grounding issue between the dock and the body of an iPod. She repaired internal ground wiring and returned it to us. Like I said we still have the issue, but it has gotten worse. On a wild hair I took the CD player and patched it into another board in another space and didn't get any issues. Anybody have any ideas as to what the issue could be. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back