dimmer not working

I recently had a very similar problem and am looking for the same answer. For some reason at our school some cicuits are doubled up on the third electric. There are to circuit 94's and two circuit 87's etc. We had a cyc light plugged into one of the circuit 94s and a fresnel plugged into the other circuit 94. Both came on for about five seconds before turning off and now refuse to come back up. I'm assuming we tripped a breaker on the dimmer rack that just needs to be reset because the lamps are not blown. I just think it's really out of the ordinary to have circutsdoubled on one pipe. If I wanted that I would just use a two fer...

Danny - I would assume in your case that the doubling is meant to be used for multiple cyc lights. They were probably trying to cut costs when the facility was wired, and figured that they could save money by eliminating a few dimmers since most of the time the cyc would be the same color all the way across.

nobody was in the tech booth and the remote was in the tech booth and i was the only light tech!

Ok, so that eliminates one of the several options that these fine folks have listed for you.

Again to flog the deceased equine, if you could tell us more about the type of equipment you have, we could then narrow down the field of the possible causes. If you don't know what kind of equipment you have, take some pictures the next time you are in the space of your dimmer rack/pack/device and of the fixtures and wiring in question. You can then post those pictures here and not only learn more about the equipment, but help us to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back