ET Capio Dimmer Rack

Hello hive mind.

In a bind in Pasadena, CA

We have an old Entertainment Technology Capio dimmer rack in our main theater that controls our house lights. The cooling system failed over Thanksgiving break and overheated. I didn't notice an issue until this afternoon when an entire row of house lights was out.

I checked the dimmer rack and found the fan had failed, a red warning light was flashing on one module, and at least one circuit is inop.

I put some fans on and around the dimmers to cool them down (they were HOT) and the red light stopped flashing but I still have a circuit out.

ET is defunct. It was absorbed by Phillips, and then Strand, and then Signify. It probably wont surprise you that Signify tech support didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

I'm looking for an electrician who works with this type of system. We need to get the fan replaced and figure out of we blew a module.

I'm also looking for documentation for this system. I have the Installation Guide but not the user manual.

I'm in a bit of a crunch as our school has a major campus event next Thursday (as well as a lot of less important events that may be cancelled this week as a result of this issue).

Any ideas?

As mentioned above, you might contact the all-knowing Steve Short at Lite-Trol Service Co., Hicksville, NY 1-800-548-3876
or closer to you, Emlight Design who also specialize in servicing older systems and will travel to your site.

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 5.42.21 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back