dimmer testing

thank you everyone for the help. the power distro rack is nice but not really an option b/c the light are 5 strorys up in a catwalk. anyways, how would you recommend we run the lights. we have a zero 88 leap frog lighting board with 6 elation cmy zoom 250's. there is plenty of power already up their. also today i noticed one of the fixtures reacting slower than the others. could this be an effect from using the dimmers??

thanks

Last edited:
fixture reacting slower is normally not a problem due to running a fixture off of a dimmer, yet we have attributed "weak power supplys" (power supplys unable to produce the amount of amperage required to drive the electronics), thus causing things like pan and tilt not to function properly, you would tilt up part way and then the fixture would act like its hitting something, even though you can move it easily by hand) I bet in your situation it is probably a console setting that is off, or a setting on the fixture.

A few questions, if you have plenty of power (i'm assuming lots of free dimmer channels) you can get an electrician to move the dimmer circuit to a breaker. Also you can get a theatrical technician (one who knows how to repair dimmers) to pull the guts out of a couple of your dimmers and make them non dim.
Also, what brand dimmers do you have? are they case, CAE, leprecon, NSI, EDI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back