DMX King edmx1 artnet remote

Hello,

I have been struggling with this issue for about a week and a half now and my brain is fried. I have just switched jobs and now have my edmx1 just sitting around. I would like to use it for dimmer check using my android tablet and/or phone. I am new to art-net and have been struggling to get it to work. I have tried multiple apps and have finally hit the point that I know that I need help.

If you recommend some software, I need the app to allow me to enter dimmer or channel numbers.

What should the ip address be set to?
Does my router need to be set to the same ip range?

Interface: DMX King edmx1
Router: Linksys EA4500
Phone: Samsung Galaxy s5
Tablet: Asus Transformer TFT101

I can help with some of that. The eDMX1 and the router need to be in the same IP range. so 10.0.0.xx1 and 10.0.0.xx2 and with the same subnet mask. If your lighting console happens to spit out artnet or sACN then it also need to be in the same IP range and subnet mask. The eDMX1 will merge the signals so they can both operate at the same time. I wish I could help you with the app, but I've always used it with an iPhone. I've made a couple of posts here asking if anyone has found something that works for android and have yet to get an answer. I have a couple of coworkers and LDs that come in the building regularly that would love to have something that works. So I just leave my old iPhone in the office so any of them can grab it and use it.

There is an app in Google Play called Art-Net Controller. The updated version does artnet and sACN. It has a keypad that works either RPN or standard. I have been testing it recently and I have it running as I speak (type?).

-MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back