jtweigandt

Had a couple of semi recent private contacts asking about the Raspberry pi comm system.

1. Yes I still use it at our Community theater. I have an image available for Raspberry pi to be the server and wifi router that bridges to a wired backbone as well if needed.
2. Some things broke in OS updates, on my older images, as I tried to modernize, so I have a few fresh images (all fixed) for base station, wired, and wireless raspberry pi stations. Basic instructions in the first package.
3. IOS mumble client still available, and I believe Plumble for android, in their respective app stores.
4 Verified on Rasp Pi 3b and 3b+ Might run on a 4 but that's overkill.
5. These are up for usb headset or usb sound adapter. Might have to designate it as default from the Raspberry pi os sound setup and run the Mumble audio setup steps for your particular headset. Sorry the rasp pi doesn't like bluetooth headsets, but you could run mumble on a cast off pc or thin client to accomplish that.
6. This will auto start mumble server and mumble and all 3 components will log in automatically. Included instructions to alter config for additional stations. So once set up you can run headless with no keyboard or monitor.

Here's the links

Base raspberry pi wifi router, and mumble server.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Raspberry pi wireless station

Raspberry pi wired station (ethernet)

The pi OS hooks run BT out well. Headset in is a problem Folks have gotten it to run on a dongle but you have to jump through a lot of hoops an hold your mouth just right. The newest version of the OS seems to possibly have solved that, but changes the method I’m using for WiFi access point and bridging. I get around it with the Logitech detect headsets that present themselves to the OS as a plain usb audio device and handle all the radio link on the dongle itself.

The pi OS hooks run BT out well. Headset in is a problem Folks have gotten it to run on a dongle but you have to jump through a lot of hoops an hold your mouth just right. The newest version of the OS seems to possibly have solved that, but changes the method I’m using for WiFi access point and bridging. I get around it with the Logitech detect headsets that present themselves to the OS as a plain usb audio device and handle all the radio link on the dongle itself.
Yup; that's the same thing that Shokz dongle is doing; appears as an audio interface, both ways.

Got mine; there's a very small delay when it's coming up from idle, I saw maybe a frame of mismatch from audio to video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back