DMX through audio snake (I know its a stupid question)

If you are lucky, you can use the old cable to pull the new cable through. You will then be able to inspect the old cable and find out what happened.

One other thought- If each end does not want to move, there is always the possibility that there may be a splice or patch block that no one knows about, and may be where the problem is.
Or a LB. Before you try to repull anything you need to inspect as much of the conduit run for damage or pull stations. Of course if it is all below concrete you can assume all bends are sweeps and you can pull away.

If you are lucky, you can use the old cable to pull the new cable through. You will then be able to inspect the old cable and find out what happened.

One other thought- If each end does not want to move, there is always the possibility that there may be a splice or patch block that no one knows about, and may be where the problem is.

The biggest issue i see, is since this person is in high school, ALL electrical work needs to be done by the schools maintenance crew, Legally students aren't allowed to change anything that's part of the building itself.

So my suggestion is to look at the wall connectors, make sure they are attached properly, find out if that's the problem otherwise use the audio snake for now. Its not the best solution but its one of the better options you have available to you. Other than running the show backstage.

Of course if it is all below concrete you can assume all bends are sweeps and you can pull away.

I wish it were safe to make such assumptions...
New building just last month and the builder has put 90 degree tight radius bends in the slab in 32 and 50mm conduits. Yes we want to shoot them, but at least those conduit runs are intact...

Are you saying he put a LB,LLor LR in the concrete? Is he an idiot? They all have removable covers that have no business in concrete.

Many years ago, as a teen working for a concrete firm, I watched a slab being poured where there were 4x4 boxes wrapped in duct tape being cast into the slab! One never knows what goes on under concrete, and the sins are hidden (short of a jackhammer) for all time. (Or, until something goes wrong!)

...One never knows what goes on under concrete, and the sins are hidden (short of a jackhammer) for all time. (Or, until something goes wrong!)
Just ask Jimmy Hoffa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back