Do you need extra hardware for the PA out or program in functions of this intercom

Re: Do you need extra hardware for the PA out or program in functions of this interco

Does the Telex MS-2002 require extra hardware to output to the PA system or is it something built in. I couldnt really understand it in the manual

It is built in. If you go to Telex's website you can look at the picture of the back panel of the unit and right in the middle is the 1/8" TS (maybe TRS) output for the PA feed.

Last edited:
Re: Do you need extra hardware for the PA out or program in functions of this interco

The program-in feed, however, requires a breakout board which converts the DB9 connector on the back to 2 XLRs for the 2 program inputs. The pinout is in the manual, though, so if you've got the connectors, a very small project box (or other mounting system, or none at all for that professional look) and soldering skills lying around you can just DIY it, as I did when mating some handheld radios into this box a while ago.

Oh, here's the pinout:
Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2 Program 1 input low
Pin 3 Program 2 input low
Pin 4 NC
Pin 5 NC
Pin 6 Program 1 input high
Pin 7 Program 2 input high
Pin 8 NC
Pin 9 NC

The program-in feed, however, requires a breakout board which converts the DB9 connector on the back to 2 XLRs for the 2 program inputs. The pinout is in the manual, though, so if you've got the connectors, a very small project box (or other mounting system, or none at all for that professional look) and soldering skills lying around you can just DIY it, as I did when mating some handheld radios into this box a while ago.

Oh, here's the pinout:

There is no wiring/breakout required. There is a simple audio output for the PA. It is in their rear panel picture and on page 8 of the manual.

There is no wiring/breakout required. There is a simple audio output for the PA. It is in their rear panel picture and on page 8 of the manual.

cpf was discussing the inputting the PA into the comm feed, not outputting the comm into the PA. You can set it up to input the PA into the comm feed, but it requires tapping into the DB9 connector on the back panel. You can either get a card with a DB9 connector that has the XLR inputs on it, but I'd rather get a DB9 cable, slice one end off, and solder one end of a mic cable into the DB9 cable.

Last edited:

cpf was discussing the inputting the PA into the comm feed, not outputting the comm into the PA. You can set it up to input the PA into the comm feed, but it requires tapping into the DP9 connector on the back panel. You can either get a card with a DB9 connector that has the XLR inputs on it, but I'd rather get a DB9 cable, slice one end off, and solder one end of a mic cable into the DB9 cable.

You're right...I should have read more carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back