Electric Motor Cart

Call911

Hey all,

Does anybody have any ideas on the best way to add an electric motor to an equipment cart. Basically I have a steel frame cart that will be holding audio amps and other equipment. Sort of like a custom made flight case, but bigger and beefier. Max weight is 1,000lbs. We are looking at a way to add an electric motor to help move this around. Doesn't need to go fast, and doesn't need to steer. Just needs to help push the weight so one or two people can easily move this.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'm an electric guy, not a motor guy. Thanks!

Sounds like a call to your local golf cart supplier. I assume you would want an electric over gas motor. So you would be looking at an extra space for batteries. Also to hold that load your looking at a decent motor. I would ask a golf cart supplier about the motors that power their XR series carts with the least amount of batteries needed.

But that's just me. Sounds like a fun project I look forward to hearing about the progress.

Was looking for an add on. We have the cart already built. Looking for a way to add on the motorized wheels. Or replace the back fixed wheels with motorized. Thanks for the golf cart idea.

A prebuilt cart or electric pallet jack would work, but too much money because it includes the cart already. I already have cart, just need motorized part.

And batteries isn't an issue, the equipment on this all runs off batteries connected to inverters. Think of a half time super bowl type cart, all self contained with power and audio equipment. Just need to motorized the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back