Control/Dimming Electro Controls Inc.

Do you need to replace sliders? If so do a search for EC dimmers. It seems there is a thread that gave advice on replacement parts. If not PM me and I may have a manual at work.

Thanks. I will need one fader but at this point I have no other information on the board. I suspect it is resistance dimming but don't know for sure. I'm in the process of researching before I hook it up. I don't want to zap it or me - been there done it.:!:

thanks

The model number 10B40S refers to a Quick-Connect load patch panel with 10 dimmer/non-dim busses and 40 load sliders, not a dimmer panel. Your dimmers are somewhere else and could be solid state (SCR) or autotransformer types, as EC never made any resistance dimmers. If they're autotransformer they would normally be adjacent to the patch panel and have 6 vertical intensity sliders each. SCR dimmers would be in an electrical room due to fan noise. Look there for a flat-front panel painted the same color as the patch and it will probably have 10 primary breakers and 1 control circuit breaker or fuse on the front. If the primary breakers are rated higher than 20 amp (you said 50A?), the patch panel will have a 20 amp secondary breaker below each load slider. Obviously electronic dimmers need a remote control console of some description. Take an inventory and let me know what you've got, then we can go from there.

Replacement of broken load sliders is difficult on Quick-Connects with fewer than 15 or 20 busses, because you have to insert a wooden or plastic wedge into the load slider slot and pry it apart 1/2" to get the old slider out and the new one in. Short slots don't cooperate as easily as longer ones! You may have to remove the entire front face of the panel (it's held in place by a number of large countersunk slotted screws), and new sliders would be installed from the rear without the front handle on, attaching that part from the front with 2 split pins. If you can get replacement sliders, and you know a cooperative electrician who likes a challenge, go for it!

Email me off list, a local school is getting ready to 86 their system and may be willing to let some parts go. mstaylor38 at comcast dot net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back