Element board, fixtures using wrong Home

Hello,
I am using some Elation RGBAW strips with my Element board. They have nine control channels, and one of them -- the strobe control -- needs to be at 100% for the lights to come on and stay on. In our space we have lots of stage managers running different shows off of submasters, and so have set the 5 colors to their own subs for on the fly mixing.

We could not find the unit in the Element's preset fixtures, so we created a custom one. We set the Home value for the strobe at 255 DMX. When we open up the Moving Light Control screen and press Home, the slider correctly goes to 100%.

The problem is, that quite often the default value is NOT 100%. It will be zero, or sometimes, 6. Don't ask me why. The result is that when our SMs run subs the strips will not come on, because the strobe level is at 0 or 6 instead of 100. Opening up the ML control and selecting Home puts the value to 100, but then when you release channels they revert to 0 or 6.

It seems to me that the fixture's default levels should be the same as the home levels (and for some they are). Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks,
Kyle

I am not terribly familiar with the board, but ETC usually has outstanding tech support. Try contacting them: 1-800-688-4116. If you can be on the phone with them while in front of the board that would be ideal. I am sure they will get you squared away.

~Dave

I did wind up calling tech support. The guy was very helpful.

What we THINK happened was that at some point a sub-master or direct entry took over the relevant parameter, and didn't get cleared over subsequent loadings of the many shows we run in the space.

I was introduced to the simple power of "Go to cue Out." I'll be watching for the problem to rear back up, but for now all seems well.

I had a similar problem. One of my movers would never go to home or be controllable. Turns out I had accidentally bumped a sub master up just enough and I didn't even think to look at that until after like 20 minutes. XD

A couple of things to pay attention to. a) what color is the data shown in? That will identify to control source. b) What does the about window say? If controlled by a cue or sub, will tell you which one. Hope that helps.
a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back