emphasis export to expression 3 error

RescueD5

Has anyone else had a problem exporting a show file from ephasis then loading it onto a stand alone expression 3, working off the console and then powering down and losing all the information from the console when powered back up.

This has happened to me on a couple diffrent expression 3 consoles but does not happen when loading into an express console.

Any help or sugestions would be apreciated.

Sounds like to me its not an issue in the conversion, its an issue in holding the data after you do the programming... the the fact it was programmed in ephasis is nul. You might want to check if the console is upgraded to 3.1 software. Also, if you have really old consoles that have the system battery fried they might not hold the data any longer. When the console comes back up is it set back to factory or does is still retain user settings (patch, system setup, profiles, personalities, macros).

Ditto Footers comments.

This sounds like a console problem, though maybe not a battery issue if it happens to more then one EXPIII.

Maybe a wierd bug in Expression III only ?.

Have you contacted ETC ?. They may want to look at the file.

Some add'l thoughts:

- When you were working in Emphasis, what console edition were you running in ?.

- Have you tried porting it thru Expression Off-Line ?.

- Maybe there's an unknown bug in Emphasis when it creates a .shw file.

Let us know what you find as I use Emphasis as well.

SB

This only seems to be an issue if the file comes from emphasis. The console will hold its data if i just sit down and do all the work from the console. It will also hold its data if the file was created in expression off line. I have tried sending the emphasis file thru expression off line with the same data losing effects. When the system loses its data after an emphasis file is loaded it restores to the factory settings. The current expression i am working with is 3.1 up to date. Emphasis is version 2.0.1 with WYSIWYG rel 11. The disks where formatted on the console before use.

Thnk you for your thoughts if there are any more please let me know.

I am going to try contacting ETC tommorow and see what they have.

FWIW, Emphasis is at version 2.5 with WYG release 15. I'm sure the Emphasis upgrade is free, not so sure about WYG.

Possibly there's been some similar and known bug fixes between 2.1 and 2.5. Search the ETC site for the release notes. At the bottom are the bug fixes.

SB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back