Design ESP Vision renders

Pie4Weebl

Fight Leukemia
Hey Guys,
So in the fall Webster is starting up their concert lighting program (right after I graduate of course), but they purchased the Vision ESP suite now, so I decided to give it ago, 60 hours later I've produced about a half hour of lighting videos for a hypothetical show.

The playlist is here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I would love to hear some feedback on it, this is the first time I've programmed a rig with this many moving lights, so I would love to know the things you guys think worked well and more importantly the things you DIDN'T like. Tell me how I can it better.

Nice guys! That's a great start Victor, I think you should do what you can while you have Vision in front of you.

Calvin, do you own your own Hog?

Also, for both of you, how many universes do you guys own? I recently purchased Vision (with one universe), in November, and I've been debating upgrading to another universe so that I could whip out a few concept videos of my own, for the majority of my real work I don't need another, but it would be nice to have I think.

Last edited:
Hey Victor

Nice video, but take a look at this youtube video using ESP Vision.

Let me know what you think

That looked nice, not really my style though, but there is nothing wrong with that. With my designs I like to keep each song in its own, fairly narrow world, and keep a thread of the design through the whole thing. With that in mind I try to keep one color pallet or gobo choice per song, as oposed to trying to use as many colors and attributes as possible.

I also decided to limit myself to two universes of DMX, because it is far more realistic that in the next few years I may have a 40 moving light rig than a 300 moving light rig.

I'm curious, have you guys found good work around for Atomics with the program, to get strobe effects I would allign the rate, but that's a great deal more a pain than if the software could reproduce the lights on board effects....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back