Control/Dimming ETC Expression 3 and NSI 2408 Dimmers

RileyChilds

Before I explain the issue, here is a system breakdown:
Dimmers: NSI 2408 CD (Using DMX)
Architectural Control: Lumanet 808CP
Original Console: NSI 7524 (Using DMX)
New Console: ETC Expression 3 /400 (Using DMX)

I am borrowing an ETC Expression 3 to use in place of the NSI MC7524 for an upcoming production. Today I connected the console to our system to test the console and ensure that it would function with our system. After plugging DMX into the Expression I was unable to control anything with it and, after fiddling with the settings on the Expression, I decided to swap the 7524 back in, to my surprise the dimmers started responding again. All the DMX is wired according to the spec, although the last dimmer in the chain is not terminated (I just bought a Terminator online to pop in) but the lack of a terminator would not mean 0 control.
We also have 2 Lumanet 808CP that have caused issues in the past, I doubt they are the source of the issue now.
The console was just used less then a month ago at another theater to control 3 racks of Strand CD80s and functioned well, after that show I zeroed out the patch and settings, everything is at a 1to1 patch.
I am stumped where the issue may lie and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Riley

Riley,

Try changing the DMX speed and see if that works. [Setup], [2], [S4], and then select [3] for Slow and [Enter]. This might work.

Thanks,

David

I am quite embarrassed to report that there was some fault in the DMX that ran from the booth to the dimmer room, after running a known good line directly to the dimmers it worked.

I am quite embarrassed to report that there was some fault in the DMX that ran from the booth to the dimmer room, after running a known good line directly to the dimmers it worked.

Thank you for getting back to us with what the issue was. In many cases, we don't hear how things were resolved and it causes us to wonder if they were ever fixed. Knowing cause and effect helps us to also educate all the rest on the forum.

So, thank you!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back