Control/Dimming ETC Ion Functionality....

NewRecourse

So - here we are... In the middle of programming my life away when I think to myself.. "Wow - wouldn't it be great if I could just 'Learn Timing' for all these linked cues that have follows instead of having to guess/use the LAP feature on my iPhone timer?!

Much like the Hog Boards can 'learn timing', where it inserts the 'follow' cues based on the times between cues that you wait before pressing GO wile the feature is engaged. I was wondering if I could something similar with the ETC Ion. I've scoured the manual to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any feature hidden in the mass depths of this wonderful device that would make it more wonderful than I already think it is?!

Any advise is appreciated!
~Jayson

Last edited:
It's hidden under "Show Control". There's a supplemental manual to cover the topic.

http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737461372
Thanks for the information!!! I'm trying to find the information I'm looking for in this supplement... However, it's a bit confusing to me. It appears to mostly be geared toward MIDI control, which isn't what I'm attempting to do. Any advise on how to navigate this to just say, "Hey - learn the timing between each time I hit the GO button and automatically insert that as a follow"?

Try p. 16 "Adding events using Learn Mode"... I've never done this on an Ion (haven't actually touched one since college) but from the manual it looks like it would do what you're asking... I believe this method would run everything based on time code, rather than setting follow times; once the show is begun, I don't think you can manually advance, although I could easily be wrong about that...

Chris

The idea is to use the internal clock and show control to learn the timing between events, like pressing the Go button. So, yes Eos can do that sort of thing @xander. It may not be exactly the same as some other console but it certainly works.

You can learn event triggers for your timecoded cue list in live by pressing go, but that does not "learn" the fade time of a cue. It learns when you pressed GO. And then that cue list is played back via timecode. Not at all what the OP is looking for.

You can learn event triggers for your timecoded cue list in live by pressing go, but that does not "learn" the fade time of a cue. It learns when you pressed GO. And then that cue list is played back via timecode. Not at all what the OP is looking for.
Well - I don't need to learn the 'fade time' of a cue. The cue fade time will be what it will be. I need the system to 'learn' the time between pressing the GO button between cues. Still trying to figure out the timecode portion of it all. From what I gather, I just need to setup events for each of the cues in question, and then go into the Event Manager, and LEARN the time between events. And instead of running the 'Cues' - run the timecode that will auto execute the cues with the pre-arranged time code. I think...

Might be easier to use effects rather then cues. Eos will let you "learn" the step timing.

While the effect is running, "Effect, XX, Learn, Time, Enter" with every subsequent press of the enter button establishing the step timing.

Well - I don't need to learn the 'fade time' of a cue. The cue fade time will be what it will be. I need the system to 'learn' the time between pressing the GO button between cues. Still trying to figure out the timecode portion of it all. From what I gather, I just need to setup events for each of the cues in question, and then go into the Event Manager, and LEARN the time between events. And instead of running the 'Cues' - run the timecode that will auto execute the cues with the pre-arranged time code. I think...
Oh. If that's what you want then, yes, Sk8rsdad is exactly right. I was confused as to what you were asking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back