Control/Dimming ETC ION Software 1.9.6 and Media Server / Pixel Mapping

Barrowsn

So I just had a quick question about the new ETC ION update with support for Media Server and Pixel Mapping, I under stand the pixel mapping part, that I can make a grid of lights and display, basically, low resolution image or video but I was more wondering about the Media Server side of the update. I noticed recently when I was changing some monitor preferences around that the ION now shows spots for up to 12 monitors in Settings > General > Displays (I think it's called) Just wondering what that is all about. Also if any of you have experience using outboard Media Servers controlled by the ION, we are currently using a Mac Pro with 8 video outputs using QLab and didn't know what other people where using.

Thanks for any help with understanding this!

proxy.php

So I just had a quick question about the new ETC ION update with support for Media Server and Pixel Mapping, I under stand the pixel mapping part, that I can make a grid of lights and display, basically, low resolution image or video but I was more wondering about the Media Server side of the update. I noticed recently when I was changing some monitor preferences around that the ION now shows spots for up to 12 monitors in Settings > General > Displays (I think it's called) Just wondering what that is all about. Also if any of you have experience using outboard Media Servers controlled by the ION, we are currently using a Mac Pro with 8 video outputs using QLab and didn't know what other people where using.

Thanks for any help with understanding this!

Hi there,

The external monitor configuration is a utility used to configure monitors for the Ion console. It is only capable of producing two unique video signals for console screens -- (no media playback, just displays). Pixel mapping, on the other hand, is configured in the Ion console and directly relates to DMX outputs on the desk, and not actual video signals.

For more information on configuring pixel mapping, see this video -- YouTube - Eos/Ion v1.9.5 Software Release Pt. 2: Virtual Media Servers

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Hans

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back