ETC Ion Trigger 2nd Cuelist in a cue

Is there a way for a cue on the ion to trigger the running of a separate cuelist?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is make a loop of cues (with follows and linked cue) in a second cue list that apply an effect to different channels in a predetermined sequence that is triggered by a cue in the primary cue list. Hitting go should then trigger the next cue in the primary list (an all fade cue to get rid of that second cue list).

If I link the cue to the cue in the second cue list (cue 2/1), then when go is pressed, the next cue in the second cue list is triggered rather than the next cue in the first list (cue 1/10), and if I use the execute feature, than just the first cue in the second cue list is run and the follows don't happen.

I couldn't find any info in the training videos or manual on how to do this, so if anyone had any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

Is there a way for a cue on the ion to trigger the running of a separate cuelist?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is make a loop of cues (with follows and linked cue) in a second cue list that apply an effect to different channels in a predetermined sequence that is triggered by a cue in the primary cue list. Hitting go should then trigger the next cue in the primary list (an all fade cue to get rid of that second cue list).

If I link the cue to the cue in the second cue list (cue 2/1), then when go is pressed, the next cue in the second cue list is triggered rather than the next cue in the first list (cue 1/10), and if I use the execute feature, than just the first cue in the second cue list is run and the follows don't happen.

I couldn't find any info in the training videos or manual on how to do this, so if anyone had any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton!

Not at the desk or OLE, but I think if you do a Link, Cue, 2/1, gets you to the first cue in list 2'and executes it. hangs or follows start into the "chase" of cues. The last "chase" cue has a loop to the first cue in that list, Loop of zero allows a continual loop. The last cue Not in the link/lOop in list 2 has the link back to list 1 and will override the loop.

Last edited:
Sk8rsdad method didn't work for me, but I might be typo''ing

What did work was 2 macro's. The first records "Learn, Macro, XX, Cue, XX, Enter, Load, Go, Learn".

That macro executes off the desired cue in the first list.

Then write your chase/cue list using the link and loop method in my first post. The final cue in that list gets the 2nd macro. same as above only links you back to the desired cue in list 1.

I tried this in the OLE and it worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back