ETC Smartfade questions

NolaTek

Just recently purchased an ETC Smartfade 24/96 for a small theater. Having some trouble with the boards timed crossfade feature within the cue stack. Here's the problem in a nutshell. We are using some cheapy LED PAR 64s for our color wash and backlight, we have 8 Source Four lekos and 2 leprecon satellite dimming packs for specials and a front wash. When transitioning from one cue to the next the crossfade seems to be fine for the LEDs, but the Lekos fade almost entirely to black before the next scene's lekos begin to fade in...not much of a crossfade.

Nybody else having this issue with this particular board? Curious if it had anything to do with the board or if not, does it have something to do with the dimming curve on my dimmers? Or perhaps its just Operator error? Any inisght would help. Thanks

P.S. Tropical Storm Ida's got nothin on me! :)

hey
On your console do you have it set up in the A/B style crossfade ? And you can adjust your timing on the lekos. When you put them in the cue that where you adjust the timing on the little LCD screen I can walk you though it on the phone if that makes it easier

Thanks John

You are sure you did not enter different fade in / fade out times on a cue?
I use the ETC Smartfade 24/96 and never experienced such problems.

Possible causes:

- crossfade - A/B fader settings -> check settings X-fade
- timings -> check fade-in / fade-out times
- did you enter waiting times or .0 cues
- dimmer curves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back