ETC Source 4WRD Ordering & Delays

Anyone else having trouble getting their hands on 4WRDs? I placed an order the first week of March, and we are still being told they are backordered with no ETA.

I launched our new facility with a hodgepodge of fixtures, none of which I ordered intending to use as front lighting. I'm also renting a few, which the costs are adding up.

Yeah, who would have thought that the thing we've been begging for years would be wildly successful and back ordered to oblivion when it was finally released!

It depends on qty. They are shipping as available. The issue is not so much popularity as it is issues with quality control of an outsource part.

I have a good handful in stock. How many are you looking for and in what connector?

Anyone else having trouble getting their hands on 4WRDs? I placed an order the first week of March, and we are still being told they are backordered with no ETA.

I launched our new facility with a hodgepodge of fixtures, none of which I ordered intending to use as front lighting. I'm also renting a few, which the costs are adding up.

Did you get them yet, or are you still waiting?

I just heard from my dealer. He said that they are having manufacturing problems and units are failing at 600 hours of use or so. He doesn't know when they will be shipping again.

Did you get them yet, or are you still waiting?
Still waiting. Following up twice a month. Current answer is "backordered, no ETA". It's now been 3 months since I placed the order. My vendor is calling ETC again tomorrow.

If I don't get a straight answer soon, I am going to have to look very hard at cancelling the order and switching to the Chauvet Ovation 190WW. We opened our facility the end of March and have been surviving with a few repurposed moving heads and two rental Lekos. We really need a good stage wash and the fixtures we ordered for that are still not here. I'm really not happy with ETC currently, not just because of the delays. They did something really dishonest with my order but I'll save those comments for later.

Anyone else managed to get their hands on the 4WRD you've ordered?

... I'm really not happy with ETC currently, not just because of the delays. They did something really dishonest with my order but I'll save those comments for later.
Are you sure it was the factory and not your dealer? I suspect you'll hear privately from someone at ETC (we have at least twenty ETC/CB members).

I can see having a delivery issue if you're talking 50 or 100 of these, but a dealer upthread has said that he has some in stock and ready to ship. How many are you purchasing?

Did you use your friendly, local dealer or a national internet house?

I expect we may hear something from ETC regarding these issues soon. It is simply not in their nature to leave their customers in the dark... pun intended!

I've heard through a dealer that they are having issues with overheating over time due to degrading heat sinks. I wouldn't expect to get any soon.

I told you we wouldn't be left in the dark!

Thanks Jim

We have released an official announcement regarding the S4wrd shipping delays.

Jim,

Thanks for the update. Although the article states the cause of the problem, it doesn't say anything about when you plan on being back on track with manufacturing/shipping. Can you give any insight on this?

Thanks!

My guess is that they aren't going to talk about dates until they have nailed down a fix to the problem and been able to get a few prototypes made and soak tested...

I'm sure they will let us know an ETA once they have one.

Jim,

Thanks for the update. Although the article states the cause of the problem, it doesn't say anything about when you plan on being back on track with manufacturing/shipping. Can you give any insight on this?

Thanks!
Sorry for the delayed response. At this time we do not have a date set. We don't want to speculate about the work that is being done and what the results will be. We want this out there as much as anyone so it will begin shipping again as soon as we are confident in its performance.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back