Conventional Fixtures European Fixtures?

bdanski

I prepping a tour to head to Germany and they are asking I send Gel for some units I've never heard of or never heard referred to as these. Any guidance would be appreciated so that I can get the gel cut and start to know what they are talking about. (I did Google all these nomenclatures and failed to find anything useful)

HPS 23 and 30
1K Assymetric
HPZ 15/40

The 15/40 sounds like a zoom ERS, the asymmetric is almost certainly a cyc unit, and the "23 and 30" sounds like a fixed ERS. Beyond that I'm not much help, except the following wild guesses. HPZ and HPS seem like acronyms for, perhaps, High Power Spot or Zoom. The 1k might be a one-cell unit, but might not, that you need to talk to the client about. You won't want to wind up with a third of the gel you need.

Last edited:
Why don't you just contact them and ask them for specific model numbers of fixtures, or at least specific gel cut sizes? Based on what it sounds like, chances are that even knowing what it generally means in that realm, you won't necessarily know the exact cut size required.

You only sound stupid if you don't ask the questions that lead to the answers you need to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back