Control/Dimming Express 24/48 Powers down when saving

Smcl001

Title says it all. I started programming in a new theatre this week, went to save and after it saved the board shut down and turned back on. I assumed it was a bad head on the floppy so I got a new disk and ran into the same issue on my 3rd attempt to save.

Power supply to the board checks out, it's a battery back up surge protector. Bad capacitor in the console maybe?

Any thoughts or suggestions before I call ETC on Monday?

Thanks!

Good Morning Smcl001

Is the PS the 5 pin or the 7 pin?

Does the SAVE take? I know your desk top probably doesnt have a floppy drive but

Can you READ the disk?

What software is running?

This may sound odd but

Id swap the power supply & see if that cures the issue.

This is a little known issue but the EXPRESS line has an issue with cell phones

When theyre near the PS. From your post this isn’t the issue but I usually mention it.

Jack is correct in suggesting you swap the power supply. The Express console draws more power on disk read/write operations and a failing power supply can cause the console to reboot during this time.

Sent from a mobile device with small keys and big thumbs using Tapatalk

Also agree with the power supply thing. Had this happen before with the exact same symptoms. New power supply will take care of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HaHa. If it is 2nd Story it did that once to me this season, too. Didn't think too much of it since that is far from the most "interesting" thing I've run into with an Express.

If I didn't need it right now I'd lend you my express, I'm a short jump from 2nd story. I've got a second story actor working with me and one of my students worked there last summer I think. If you don't get it fixed send me a message and maybe I can help

Via tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back