Expression 3 to Express- show conversion

Hello all,

The show I am currently working on is touring to a nearby college for 2 nights. I have programmed the show on an Expression 3, and can not take the console to the new venue because of our department's policies. The venue we are moving to has an Expression 48/96. To move the show file, is it as simple as taking our show's floppy and loading it into the other console? I know that I will have to fix some of my channeling because of the Express' limited number of channels, as well as the soft patch for the new venue's rep plot.

I really do not want to re-program the entire show into the new console, however if that is the only option, I am fully prepared to do that.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

To easily deal with the channel issue, throw the show into express offline. You can then export the ASCII. Open the ACII up in notepad and simply edit the channel numbers in each to to what you want the new numbers to be. Re-import the show and you should be all set.

Thanks guys! Visited the venue today and loaded the show file to the console, and it worked perfectly! My channels don't go above 100 so I didn't have do too much reconfiguring, just some soft patch reworking.

Thanks again for your help!

~Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back