Fake Liquor

A personal one now rather than for work. In May I'll be attending a local Anime expo, in full costume obviously, and wanted to ask advice on fake spirits, rum in particular (good ol' pirate costumes -.-'). I'm currently thinking watered down cola would be the best effect (trying to avoid water and food colouring as I want to swig it throught the day). If this comes more as off-topic feel free to move it, just thought here was best as it could be stage transferable

Ditto on black tea, watered to whatever darkness you need, maybe with a bit of red food coloring for warmth. I've seen cream soda used too, which has a good color, but the carbonation is an issue - I've never seen/heard liquor fizz!

Will pass on the tea, hate cold tea with a passion. Like the idea of soda/s though, I can always let it go flat too

Will pass on the tea, hate cold tea with a passion. Like the idea of soda/s though, I can always let it go flat too
Did a show where we had to drink cold tea instead of beer..... It was awful. I would consider something like Brisk Iced tea. I feel like its sweet enough that it wouldn't be so bad. I just think that coke would be too dark, and that a warm and watered down coke would taste bad. Have you thought about something like lemonade with food coloring? I'm just trying to think of things that taste alright at room temperature.

Ginger ale also isn't too bad at room temperature, and the color is fairly close to some lighter rums.

Water with brown food coloring that works just fine.

I have to second Tea, and you can do lots of things to make it taste a little different. For on stage people complaining about it not tasting awesome doesn't really bother me as you don't drink liquor like pop anyways (well most people don't). For you though I'd suggest a little sugar, perhaps a herbal element.
Kind of curious what a drop of vanilla would do, as many rums have a vanilla note anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back