Design Fire Effect w/ Rosco Infinity

jmac

Trying to come up with ideas for a fire effect (just hot "flamey" feel, not a literal fireplace) for the Round and Round scene in The Fantasticks, in small theater space.. Have searched CB but haven't quite found the right answers yet. Any suggestions/ideas or past used successful methods welcome.

First choice is to use the one Rosco Infinity I have (because I have it, but have never used it) if feasible, but we could also rent gobo rotator(s) if better, or if more than one is needed.

I have never attempted anything like this before, so have several questions-

Pros/cons of Infinity vs. rotator?

As to gobos to use, would something like the Rosco Color Wave #33101 Red Ripple work with the Infinity, or better to use something like Rosco Steel #77960 Flames 4, with a split red/amber gel?

Which animation wheel is recommended, #30011 Tangential Breakup, or #30012 Radial Breakup, or...?

Do I need a cyc to make this work (we don't have one), or can I just shoot it on the scene?.

Which direction is best to shoot from- one (or two?) units from FOH, or from one side or both sides...?

Any other ideas or comments? Thanks.

Attachments

• 33101.jpg
    33101.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 77960.jpg
    77960.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 189
  • 30011_s.gif
    30011_s.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 30012_s.gif
    30012_s.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 184
Thanks, sk8rsdad. That helps. Looks like the Tangential Breakup wheel is the way to go. Anyone else have experience with the Rosco Infinity or rotators, and specific gobos and gels, to make fire? And which way to position lights? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back