Design Fog Machine Filter

wolfman005

Does anyone know of any materials that can be used to make a filter for the end of the hose that goes in the fluid reservoir? I have a cheapo 400 watt party fogger and I've noticed the filter is disintegrating and small metal fragments have been sucked towards the pump. I have already had to disconnect the hose and clean metal fragments out of it once. I was thinking if I cut a piece of thin clothe and stretched it across the end of the hose and zip tied it into place it might work, but I don't know if the pump has enough force to draw fluid through the fabric. Would a fish tank filter work?

Sadly machines like this come and go, with the low cost build quality this stuff happens. I would not sugest making a custom filter, without noticing you would cause the pump to work harder and eventually burn it out.

Should you want a quote for a replacement machine please email me at [email protected]

I can assure you that if you have a budget I will do my very best to get you the best price with delivery.

Thanks, Danny.

Does anyone know of any materials that can be used to make a filter for the end of the hose that goes in the fluid reservoir? I have a cheapo 400 watt party fogger and I've noticed the filter is disintegrating and small metal fragments have been sucked towards the pump. I have already had to disconnect the hose and clean metal fragments out of it once. I was thinking if I cut a piece of thin clothe and stretched it across the end of the hose and zip tied it into place it might work, but I don't know if the pump has enough force to draw fluid through the fabric. Would a fish tank filter work?

THE FOLLOWING ADVICE MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

You'll need something a little flexible. I don't know if it would work, but I would get a small piece of a nylon stocking, form it into a sack, and zip tie it to the end of the hose.

Whoops sorry guys never meant to post this because I didn't think that the CB community would support modifying something that works with electricity and liquid (Shock hazard) But thanks for the responses! I ended up zip tying a piece of t-shirt over the plastic that used to hold the metal screen. So far it works well. The original machine I was going to do this for died and I had to change the pump but I never could get the heater unclogged. It sat dormant for about a week with the old fog fluid in it and even though I shot vinigar and water through, I never got it to work. Lesson learned. Thanks guys! And girls! Don't wanna be accused of being sexist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back