Garden

Teber

Im designer for the show "The Apple Tree" and ACT I is the Garden of Eden. We had the cast bring in anything ficus they could find and now i have no clue how to hide the baskets or the cement stuff that holds them in. Any idea on how to do this? Let me know!!

This is the Mark Twain show, right? If I recall correctly, it's a very simple set, so you _could_ just leave it as is. My first thought, however, was to go with different levels in the "terrain"; that is, build some luan or 3D dirt mounds and small hills...

edit because I'm a bonehead: I'm thinking of Adam & Eve...

Chicken wire and paper towels. Take the chicken wire and wrap loosley wrap the base of the plant. Roll up paper towels and stick it in each hole. It should create a pretty thick vine/topiary looking thing. Paint it. If you are about 20' away, it looks great. I'll try to dig up a picture.

The first of the 3 acts is written by the material of mark twain. its a Bock and Harnick piece all around though. I have 3 different levels. The space is complete crap, but it is what I am given. The director asked for a garden and i was just trying to hide the baskets.... chicken wire and paper towel?? hmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back