Gizmo of the day

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
While not a new idea (somewhere on here is a thread where we've discussed such devices) flooring manufacturer Gerriets has introduced its own tape applicator.
proxy.php

Gerriets international - Nie Mehr auf die Knie. Die Innovation im Bühnen- und Messebereich: TapeRoller G-TR.

Does anyone use anything similar, or has anyone made his/her own?

Those overalls look awesome I want them.

Never used one (or one like it). I don't know if this could ever speed up the process that a couple skilled stagehands laying tape would accomplish. I could be wrong, as I said, I've never used one.

We have a homemade one that works great. We use it for taping down dance floors. Probably cost about $10 in materials to build.

I have built one before, they are decent to use if you use it right. I have also seen them "professionally" built before that Moscow Ballet dragged one around with them.

That thing looks a little more high tech then what I have done. Mine was just a stick with two rollers.

Would they be able to go round corners easily? They look like they would be great for the straits, but not much more...
Nick

Having a bit of trouble seeing what the advantage is. It looks like the dude is following a pencil line in order that his line be straight. That seems like a lot of work for a straight line that can be accomplished with just two bodies and a loose roll of spike tape . . .

soundlight, please post pictures of yours if you can.

I'm heading home today to take care of a few things, but I'll be back on campus Thursday and will try to remember to get ya some pictures. It really is a wonderful device and makes laying dance floor a lot faster and easier on the knees.

I'm heading home today to take care of a few things, but I'll be back on campus Thursday and will try to remember to get ya some pictures. It really is a wonderful device and makes laying dance floor a lot faster and easier on the knees.

I would add a few stage weights to the top of the applicator or at least attempt to walk the machine.

If true in chalk line, by the time one is done doing guide lines one can do dance floor tape or gaff tape on a stick in stretching it out by looking at and someone else walking it once ready. Nice cocept in application but not heavy enough to apply properly - work clothes asside.

We use tape applicators. I don't think they're home made, but certainly not as skookum as that one. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow.

Now if it could gaff down leads then that would be awesome.....
Possible?
Nick

Still like those over-alls...

I'm in the hunt for one of these tape rollers. I would just buy the parts and build it myself but I do not have the time nor the tools. Does anyone know of someone who sells these perhaps cheaper than the above Fast track and the one stage-spot sells?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back