GL 2400

mstaylor

Departed Member
I have built a temperary system for WWE tomorrow. I have an amp running my subs, another running four speakers to cover part of the floor and then a send to my main board for the main cluster. What I figured to do was feed the subs off the left main, the floor speakers from the right and the feed to the main board from the center master. For some reason I couldn't get anything from the center feed. I instead assigned the channels to group one and fed the main feed from there. It works but I don't understand why I am not getting anything from the center fader. Any ideas?

I have built a temperary system for WWE tomorrow. I have an amp running my subs, another running four speakers to cover part of the floor and then a send to my main board for the main cluster. What I figured to do was feed the subs off the left main, the floor speakers from the right and the feed to the main board from the center master. For some reason I couldn't get anything from the center feed. I instead assigned the channels to group one and fed the main feed from there. It works but I don't understand why I am not getting anything from the center fader. Any ideas?

Not shure if this will be of any help.
I have a GL2200 (the gl2400 is based on this older model) I believe that the center (mono on the 2200) feed is based on a sum of both the left and right outs, so you must have a level on L&R before you can get a level out of the center.
any change of the LR levels will proportionality change the center level
looking at the block diagram there seems to be a few option switches "wedge mode" could have it assigned to the PFL or another switch that could assign it to aux-6
they look to be the recessed type that you would need a pen to push

Last edited:
Venuetech appears to have nailed the most likely cause. The Mono out on the GL2400 is pretty flexible and while in the 'normal' configuration it is indeed simply a sum of the main left and right signals, two "M Source" switches above the master Mono fader allow other operating modes. If the "Mono (L+R)/Aux 6" switch is engaged the Mono source switches from being a sum of Left and Right to the Aux 6 bus, a handy way to get a dedicated aux mix with a master fader, mute and metering. If the "Listen Wedge" switch is engaged the Mono source becomes the PFL/AFL bus regardless of the "Mono (L+R)/Aux 6" switch setting. Perhaps one of those switches were engaged.

Makes sense but they both seem to set to sum of L&R and FOH respectively. I just don't know this board at all. THX

Makes sense but they both seem to set to sum of L&R and FOH respectively. I just don't know this board at all. THX
Probably easy enough to verify, just take a good source and PFL it then send it to Aux 6 and turn up the asociated master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back