LS9/Dante question [FIXED]

Jay Ashworth

In our monthly jazz club date last month, I found that the LO card for Dante on our LS9 (an MY16-AT) wasn't syncing; no link light at either end and an Orange light in the second position down the card.

This was our "new" LS9; we bought two at refit time, when they were current, and it's only come out of the doghouse case 2 or 3 times since I've been here (8 years now).

At the time, it did not occur to me to just swap the cable to the Secondary port -- which I just did, and it works now. :)

But, before I haul the older desk--which we decommissioned because it was starting to get hincky--out and play musican cards, a question:

Will anything--anything at all--get strategically unhappy if I just run that card on its secondary port forever?

===

I've been waiting for the ancient MacPro we run PT10 on to boot while typing and I see that that row and column are red in the crosspoint matrix, and under Device and Clock Status, the name is all that's populated. That's actually not what I expected, and I don't know why it's happening... Been 3 or 4 minutes now; no change.

Both link lights came on when I switched to Secondary, and I have lock lights for both cards on the desk...

Additionally, in Controller, anything sourced from that card has a Yellow icon, and those blocks won't expand -- Controller doesn't know how many channels are there (unsurprisingly).

Ok; this is weird: Swapped the LO and HI cards on the LS9, leaving the cables where they were; but *still the LO card* that's not showing up in Controller, and the HI card is... but now with 2 Warning signs, on channels 9 and 10; rest say they're ok.

And now that I have swapped cards, Device and Clock Status both see both cards, with version numbers and APIPA addresses properly assigned to Primary and Secondary (I tried Primary on the cranky cars, still no link)...

The Master Clock is the HI card, ports 9-17, which is visible to Controller...

But the LO card is still unpopulated in Controller, and Yellow icons for the destinations from those sources.

Should I expect the LO and HI to follow the cards? Are they now misaligned with LS9 channels in the setup because of that? And what about Naomi?

[ Fixed ]

I swapped out the potentially bad MY16 card with one from the old desk, and though I had to do some Controller mangling, it says all 32 channels are now routing from the desk to the PT DVS, and I'll test it now.

Bad card; I wonder if Audinate is still set up to work on those? I know what Dante cards cost, so...

Hope everyone enjoyed the soap opera here. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back