Glitter Cannon

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So I know there are confetti cannons and all that fun stuff, but what about glitter cannons. More so a concealed version like a Spider-Man web shooter all hidden in the forearm. I only ask as we have introduced glitter into one of our act and well it's cool but I want more.

My Main problem though is the safety of the performer as she is jumping all over this horse, so I bring this to you guys and see if the idea I have match what yall got.

You could just load a handheld confetti cannon with glitter. I have seen some models that are about 8" long. Of course, they all pack quite a punch since they generally use 16-gram Co2 cartridges as their power source.

AAAAH! I'm still cleaning up the glitter-confetti from the summer. And then, last week, we had a vaudeville show in --- glitter, glitter, everywhere! The gift that keeps on giving.

That said, the summer group used something they called "glitter poppers" that were actually spring-loaded cardboard tubes about 10" long, with a trigger of some kind in them. A commercial product, but no idea whose. No CO2 or health hazard involved -- just freakin' glitter-confetti all over the theatre!

AAAAH! I'm still cleaning up the glitter-confetti from the summer. And then, last week, we had a vaudeville show in --- glitter, glitter, everywhere! The gift that keeps on giving.

That said, the summer group used something they called "glitter poppers" that were actually spring-loaded cardboard tubes about 10" long, with a trigger of some kind in them. A commercial product, but no idea whose. No CO2 or health hazard involved -- just freakin' glitter-confetti all over the theatre!

We're the tubes reusable? I am looking for a long lasting device that just needs a reload of the glitter. And yes glitter sucks, but we have a sand arena so the glitter just disappears after a show.

I've seen something like this made out of an M&M mini's tube and an expendable CO2 cartridge. The actuator we had on hand to pierce (and therefore fire) the cartridge was pretty big, but I'm sure there are smaller options available. I think we where using 16-gram cartridges and we where using in backstage to cover people in glitter. Several people where shot at from just a few feet away with no issues. That information probably isn't enough to fill out a risk evaluation, but it's a good starting point for developing safe practices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the routine that I want to add the glitter to. So it has to be very bounce friendly as like I said she is all over that horse.

What kind of spread do you want? Does this effect go off during the act or before the actress/horse enter? What amount of noise is acceptable to the horse? Is this shot from the rider or from the environment towards the rider? Who controls the effect's firing? What size of apparatus is acceptable and where do you want to mount it?

These may sound like rhetorical questions, but they're not. You have a few building blocks of ideas listed here, but to build on that we need more info. What kind of effect, in detail, are you trying to do? Saying you want to add glitter to a routine is very open ended.

In he orginsl post I posted what I was looking to achieve.

On the performer from the forearm.

It would be during the act most likely while styling filling time in between her next tricks. The noise factor for the horse that can be trained not worried so much about that.

More so looking to see if there is a premade solution or if I will have to custom fab something.

You might want to check with TheatreFX to see if they might be able to make them for you. You could talk to them about what you need, but their disposable ones look like larger versions of the small confetti poppers that are sold for special events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back