Good For a Sound System

mattjh

the following is the proposal for our theatre sound system. Our theatre department is rather small and we only do 2 shows a year. It is attached.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• new sound system price sheet.xlsx
    9.2 KB · Views: 35
What is the space/room that you're adding sound gear to? We really need to know that before suggesting speakers, amplifiers that are suitable for the space.
Is there anything there now, and how is that working, if it's not working well, then describe in what way.
it may be the real issue in the room with any current gear is the actual room acoustics, and skilled knowledge to set up and operate any gear you have.
I've looked at the list , and specifying a X32 is good, but then Behringer amps, and Bose speakers... not so good.
Your speakers, their coverage, and amplification chain are more important than anything as a building block.

the we do currently have a system, but it has been abused by the student council when they use it for their dances, which is why we wanted a new system only for the theatre department. We do have microphones, but only 1 works decent enough to use in a performance. The room is concrete/cinderblock walls and the ceiling is on a slope (going upwards towards the stage). I'm not quite sure on the dimensions, but I can get them and specify later but I think its about 50'-70'x25'. It's not very big, but our school is rather small. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back