Gossamer

Hello CB!

I'm trying to build a set of free standing panels on the cheap that can be translucent. I was thinking about using FR Gossamer fabric. My thought was that I could backlite it and the gossamer will change colors according to the LED light on it.

Gossamer is really cheap and so I am wondering if anyone ever used this method? Pros? Cons?

TIA

Maggie

I've never used gossamer for that specific purpose, but I'm thinking that it will work fairly well for you. Kep in mind, though, that it will be extremely translucent. You'll also probably want to light it from a fairly steep angle to get any good color on it. It will also probably look fairly splotchy, as the fibers are usually pretty unevenly distributed.

I've never used gossamer for that specific purpose, but I'm thinking that it will work fairly well for you. Kep in mind, though, that it will be extremely translucent. You'll also probably want to light it from a fairly steep angle to get any good color on it. It will also probably look fairly splotchy, as the fibers are usually pretty unevenly distributed.

I use Frosted or "Natural" coroplast. It's dirt cheap, and it looks like a million bucks when lit. The best thing is, I can throw it on my CNC and cut any shape I want, use it, then just chuck it later. It's only about $8 a sheet, and if you're not abusive with it, you can use it dozens of times .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back