Greetings from another newbie

WTlights

Greetings,

My name is Mike. I've been working with lighting for about 9 years now. My background and primary activity is actually commercial / industrial control system design (as in HVAC, water treatment systems, etc.). One of my projects was to specify a replacement theatrical lighting control system for our facility's auditorium. (I a member of a religious order and work at the Watchtower Educational Center. We have an auditorium that seats about 1,700) That led me to volunteering to work with the lighting crew. After a few years of tutelage, I became the Lighitng Designer for our annual programs (besides my usual work).

We hold several programs a year, the largest of which is a variety show that includes music, dance, drama, standup comedy, and video. This is were we really get to explore the craft of lighting.

I've been a reader of CB for about a year now. I stumbled across the site during a web search. Good stuff. I finally decided to become a member since I have some questions of my own that would like to have answered.

Welcome To the Booth! Took you a year to join huh? Well jump in and join the conversation, we've waited long enough to hear what you have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back