Greetings from Kenosha, WI.

I found this place quite on accident while googling some stuff regarding ticket sales. Thought it would be a great place to join up.

I'm Milton, I'm currently the president of a community theatre group in Kenosha WI. that has been around for 36 years. Been in our current building for about the last 20 years. Its an old Rapp & Rapp designed theatre built in 1927 with all the fun problems that go along with an old building. The theatre was split in half in the 70s but we use that to our advantage now as it gives us 2 performance spaces. One we use for our "mainstage" productions and the other we use for comedy nights, bands, musicians, more "cutting-edge" shows than our usual productions. From what I've read, that's not uncommon to do the "edgier" stuff off the main stage so as not to upset the, ahem, older season ticket holders.

Since I've become involved, we've opened that 2nd space, now do ticket orders online, have an expanded web presence and dragging the place kicking and screaming into the 21st century (heck, we just got a REAL credit card machine a year ago! before that? the knucklebuster!).

Seems this might be a great place to get some new ideas and perhaps approach things from a different perspective.

Welcome to CB! We certainly can provide lots of different perspectives on things. We have members from all over the industry. So, don't hesitate to jump into the discussions with questions, comments, answers or advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back