Greetings

Mutton

I've been pointed to this site by my best friend, and technically my boss, bestboy (Jake).

I too have been in technical theatre since sixth grade.
Now being a Junior, that puts me at five years of experience.

I'm a sound-man by nature, but I know my way around a spotlight, and the (now discontinued) ETCExpress line fairly well.

Nice to have another haven for tech-theatre-nerdyness.

Welcome to the Booth Mutton! You've found a great place to hang out with people who share your interests. You'll find a great mix around here with everyone from manufacturer executives and hard working pro technicians to high school and college students eager to learn more. Get to know the search function.

Standard advice around here is: "the more you know the more useful you are". You shouldn't focus on just one aspect of tech until late in college. So don't just stop with sound and lighting! Spend some time in the shop, props, costumes and stage management if you can. You'll find it a lot easier to get a job someday if you know a little about everything. You also might find that you enjoy one of the other areas of tech more. Most importantly, it gives you a greater respect for what others do and helps you learn to blend your craft with what others are doing for a better show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back