Installs HA Gain Control of CobraNET through LS9-16 Console

ykanjee

Hey guys,

I had a guy come to me with a problem I couldn't solve.

His problem was that he was using a BIAMP AudiaFLEX CM and a Yamaha LS9-16 console. He is running the analog cables straight into the AudiaFLEX and taking the cobraNET out to the board. He has the cobraNET card, obviously, for the board but he doesnt have gain control. I explained to him that the AudiaFLEX had the gain control he was looking for, however, he wants to have it locally on the board. He doesn't want to keep logging in to the AudiaFLEX to change the gain structure for each of their performers.

The only solution I have come up with is the write a screen view using daVinci for the gain control and having him use that UI rather than the AudiaFLEX interface.

Is there a way to control the AudiaFLEX input gain through the LS9 console? Or, would the daVinci be the best solution?

Thanks in advance

Assuming he has the MY16-CII card, there is no way to control the head amps with the LS9. He would need one of the Yamaha SB168 ES boxes, AD8HR units, etc. with an ethersound car instead. But, presumable, he bought the AudiaFLEX for other reasons first.

~Dave

Is there a way to control the AudiaFLEX input gain through the LS9 console? Or, would the daVinci be the best solution?
I'd say it depends on why they have inputs to the LS9 running through the AudiaFLEX and what options may be practical.

If you used the AudiaFLEX and DaVinci for preamp gain control then the preamp settings would seem to not be stored as part of the LS9 scenes like its internal preamps or the preamps on an SB168-ES. Depending on the application that could not matter or be a significant deficiency.

I'd say it depends on why they have inputs to the LS9 running through the AudiaFLEX and what options may be practical.

If you used the AudiaFLEX and DaVinci for preamp gain control then the preamp settings would seem to not be stored as part of the LS9 scenes like its internal preamps or the preamps on an SB168-ES. Depending on the application that could not matter or be a significant deficiency.

to him it doesnt matter if the preamp settings get stored or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back