Haze fluid for new auditiorium design

cwbanks

We're in process of designing a new 1400-1600 seat auditorium. I need to supply the mechanical engineer the specifications of what's in haze fluid before and after it leaves the haze unit so they can engineer the rooms HVAC system to handle the haze w/out tripping fire alarms. Where can I find a reputable source for that information?

Has anyone went through this process already and can shed some light on it?

Also what haze fluid would you recommend and why?

Last edited:
What kind of machine do you have/are planning to get?

I think each manafacturer has different recipes they use. You may need to pick a brand and just go with their fluid. We learned that heat detectors instead of particulate sensors don't care about haze or fog. Not sure if you can use those in ductwork though.

I think each manafacturer has different recipes they use. You may need to pick a brand and just go with their fluid. We learned that heat detectors instead of particulate sensors don't care about haze or fog. Not sure if you can use those in ductwork though.

Where did you learn about what kind of detectors to use?

You don't need to know what brand or what fluid. You don't need to know what brand of detectors. What you DO NEED to do is tell your architect to specify heat and/or rate of rise detectors. If these are not acceptable to your local code or AHJ, your only other recourse is a system that allows the zone where the FXis used to be temporarily turned off or by-passed. This has been done before so it is not out of the question.

All haze and chemical fog generators produce particulates in the air which will set off any smoke detector.

Last edited:
You don't need to know what brand or what fluid. You don't need to know what brand of detectors. What go DO NEED to do is tell your architect to specify heat and/or rate of rise detectors. If these are not acceptable to your local code or AHJ, your only other recourse is a system that allows the zone where the FXis used to be temporarily turned off or by-passed. This has been done before so it is not out of the question.

All haze and chemical fog generators produce particulates in the air which will set off any smoke detector.

Can you unpack this a little more "What go DO NEED to do is tell your architect to specify heat and/or rate of rise detectors."

I think he meant to type " what you do need to do" he's saying you need to specify heat sensors and avoid particulate detectors unless you AHJ has a problem with heat sensors

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back