Job Announcment Head of Lighting/L1 at Voltaire Las Vegas nightclub

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member

I have no association with this whatsoever; I just thought it was an interesting position, with an exceptionally rare remuneration. A salary of $1750-$1900 per week sounds pretty good, no? Well yes, but not for me. No amount of money could pay me to have to listen (and react) to dance music for hours on end.

Did any LD ever go to college saying "I want to run lights at a niteclub when I grow up"? Did they even know it was a possibility?

I have no association with this whatsoever; I just thought it was an interesting position, with an exceptionally rare remuneration. A salary of $1750-$1900 per week sounds pretty good, no? Well yes, but not for me. No amount of money could pay me to have to listen (and react) to dance music for hours on end.

Did any LD ever go to college saying "I want to run lights at a niteclub when I grow up"? Did they even know it was a possibility?
"Suffer, ye, the little student LDs.... a fate worse than one act festivals awaits you!"

From what I saw on their website this more than just "running lights in a nightclub." It appears to be a modern take on the old style Vegas showrooms, opening up with Kylie Minogue doing a 7 month residency. This doesn't feel like a "busking to a DJ a la Studio 54" job, but being a designer for house shows while also being the point of contact for whoever is coming in residency. They also appear to be hiring a full costume department. It will probably be a pretty fun job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back