Microphones Headset mic storage

pacman

I'm looking for a way to store the thin wire headset mics used with wireless bodypacks; specifically, the dual over-the ear & around-the-back-of-the-head type sets like the DPA 4067. The best idea I've seen is a plastic box used for food strorage, but I'd like something that takes up less space and still protects the headset from getting crushed. I have more than s few of them & space is at a premium. Any other ideas?

Prevents them from being crushed? Are you storing these under a pile of DIs or something?

I'm looking for a way to store the thin wire headset mics used with wireless bodypacks; specifically, the dual over-the ear & around-the-back-of-the-head type sets like the DPA 4067. The best idea I've seen is a plastic box used for food strorage, but I'd like something that takes up less space and still protects the headset from getting crushed. I have more than s few of them & space is at a premium. Any other ideas?

No longer have the box they ship in? Those are the best bet. Other than that, make a little shelving unit that can hold all the headsets and find a dry and safe place to store it between shows.

No longer have the box they ship in? Those are the best bet. Other than that, make a little shelving unit that can hold all the headsets and find a dry and safe place to store it between shows.

Well, I did say "...like the DPA 4067", which might imply they are DPA 4067s & those probably do come in a nice storage box. Unfortunately, these are cheapies that came in packaging that pretty much gets obliterated getting them out of said packaging. Strangely, they sound amazingly good, especially for the price. So if they do get crushed under a pile to DIs, I'll not cry over them. For the record, I would cry if I had DPA 4067s & they got crushed under a pile of anything.

Even though they are not DPA 4067s and are cheap, I'd still like to keep them around & functional. I may go ahead & try the plastic food container idea & see how that works out.

Last edited:
Our company has 3 DPA headsets, and we picked up 3 small Pelican Road Cases...and just cut and pulled the foam out to fit :) works brilliantly, and also the confidence in knowing that Pelican cases are pretty much industructable! and waterproof :)

how about a zipper pouch
proxy.php

or the expanding file
proxy.php

We put all our headsets into (open!) ziplock bags and file them vertically into some conveniently sized heavy-duty cardboard boxes left over from somethingorother. I've found this works well as long as you keep everything loose and don't try to stuff too many into one box. Not the most space efficient, but it's more convenient than the opaque zippered cases they came in.

Place I work stores them in round Tuppaware. May take a little more space, but is relatively crush proof, and keeps them fresh for weeks ;) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back