Hello From California!

flyboydc

Hello everyone,

My name is Naf l live in California just outside of San Fransisco. I have been working in Technical Theatre for only about 5 years, however I have gained a great deal of experience by working for many companies in my local area as well as one in San Fransisco. I also am part of a technical theatre program at my high school where we are home to a 1200 seat main stage proscenium theatre, and a 120 seat Black Box Studio. Although I am in high school i have much experience for someone my age and am looking forward to leaning much more as i continue working on shows. Its great to know that there is a forum out there just for us behind the scenes people. Hopefully i will learn much more from the Control Booth community. :)

Naf

Last edited:
Welcome to the Control Booth. I'm a student too and I would definitely say that the CB is one of the best places to learn tech stuff on the internet. I constantly find myself supplementing my education with it. Be sure to check out the wiki and remember that the search function is your friend. Its good to have you.

I primarily do lighting work, but on occasion I'll run sound. I would like to do more with sound but I'm the only person who can do the lighting. What about you?

Ah, San Francisco, the city of no left turns. Haven't been there in years but it's always good to see a fellow resident of the planet California on CB. In 1999 I applied for a job with the theatre department at Ohlone College in Freemont. Fortunately I didn't get it as less than a year later I started my current job, which I love.

Welcome aboard and have fun in the forums.:mrgreen:

Hey there, I'm in your neck of the woods. :) I mostly stage manage for companies on the Peninsula and South Bay. What high school do you go to, if you don't mind sharing? I work a bunch with San Mateo HS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back