Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Jon C

Howdy!

I've been a long time lurker on Control Booth, but only recently signed up.
I came into the industry about 5 years ago and spent the first four years as a Production & Warehouse Manager for a touring theatrical show. Just over a year ago, I decided that I wanted to turn more to the technical hands on side of the industry instead of the management side. I made the decision to head back to school for Technical Theatre Production and I just finished up my first year. I've developed quite the passion for lighting, sound, rigging and stagecraft and am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge everyone on Control Booth has to offer!

Cheers!
Jon C

Howdy!

I've been a long time lurker on Control Booth, but only recently signed up.
I came into the industry about 5 years ago and spent the first four years as a Production & Warehouse Manager for a touring theatrical show. Just over a year ago, I decided that I wanted to turn more to the technical hands on side of the industry instead of the management side. I made the decision to head back to school for Technical Theatre Production and I just finished up my first year. I've developed quite the passion for lighting, sound, rigging and stagecraft and am looking forward to the wealth of knowledge everyone on Control Booth has to offer!

Cheers!
Jon C
Welcome Jon! Did you attend Ryerson?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Hi Ron,
I'm currently attending Humber College for Technical Theatre Production. I just finished my first year last week and go back in September.
Is this the Humber campus that used to be the mental hospital? If so, I did some A/V installation work there during the renovation of the seven or eight buildings. That's quite the below grade tunnel system they have connecting all of the buildings to their lone receiving area and truck dock. Their below grade back-up generator and hydro rooms are VERY impressive. They'd just been sompleted when I was there and were IMMACULATE!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Is this the Humber campus that used to be the mental hospital? If so, I did some A/V installation work there during the renovation of the seven or eight buildings. That's quite the below grade tunnel system they have connecting all of the buildings to their lone receiving area and truck dock. Their below grade back-up generator and hydro rooms are VERY impressive. They'd just been sompleted when I was there and were IMMACULATE!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

The Theatre Production program is at the Lakeshore Campus, but a few years back they bought Lakeshore Lions Arena (Maple Leafs former practice arena) and renovated it for the Theatre, Comedy & TV/Film Programs and it's an amazing facility! I believe the Theatre Production Program used to be on the site of the old Mental Hospital. I haven't checked out the tunnel system but I know a few times a year they open the up to tours.

Welcome to control booth, I applied to Humber back in the day but went to Sheridan.
I've heard a rumor that the facilities have been upgraded since I toured them.

Always great to connect with fellow technicians in Ontario!

If anyone is looking for a fun experience in August I am TD of a music festival in Owen Sound and am looking for people who want to get a foothold in the industry to volunteer.

Cheers,
Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back