Hello to all

Hello to all. My name is Richard and I volunteer at at K-8 private school in Annandale VA and I do lighting, sound and sets for 10 plays a year. I hope to get a lot of great information from these forums. They seem great so far.

Our current venture requires us to have scene transitions that utilize video. This is great except for the fact that most of my videos are about 22 second or less and it takes that amount of time for my screen to come up and go down each time I want to use it. With 29 video breaks this is a lot of wasted time in screen up and down.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this better. I am trying ot project onto the background, but for this play, we have a rented scene and there is nowhere to take advantage of projecting onto the backdrop.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Richard

Welcome Richard. I have moved this thread so it is posted in the correct place. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

My gut response is to project to the side if you can't get the screen in fast enough. At many churches that use video projection, they will have two screens either side of the altar space where they project either lyrics to the current hymn or the pastor can use it for presentations during the sermon. I have also worked in road houses where they provide the side video projection for image magnification (imag) of the performers. By having the projection on the side, it will also help to take the attention from the scene change if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back