Hello

Zooey

I got the privilege of starting a drama program at a northern California high school when they built a new auditorium/theatre, and asked for someone to teach drama. I volunteered and have been doing it since 2004.

I come from the performance side and only know the technical aspects from what I've picked up along the way doing productions.

I am currently taking a master's degree at Southern Oregon University in Ashland that focuses on set, costume, lighting, and sound design.

I am doing "Charley's Aunt" which requires three sets, and although I have some ideas for how I might do it, I started searching this morning for other approaches to moving scenery and found this site. Looks like a great place, and I look forward to participating here.

Welcome to the Booth Zooey! We love volunteers and teachers around here. You'll find a great community of people eager to help. Post your questions. Get to know the search function. Check out the Wiki Glossary. You can learn a lot here.

As for Charile's Aunt. My mentor teacher did that show while I was a student teacher long ago. I can't remember many details about it as I didn't work on it very much. However I can assure you based on his budget and that tiny theater's capabilities he did it with a single set. I vaguely remember it haveing a wall with sevearl doors upstage a large table center and some scattered furniture around the edges downstage. That's not exactly a ton of help but it might get you started thinking about some options. We can't all have the budget they have down there at Ashland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back