Help!! Lighting for a small stage....

I am a member of a small church and I am head of all the productions that we have every year. I am looking for something to control spotlights, no more than 4 across our stage. I have no idea what i am looking for or how much this would cost. I am not looking for something that would be hard wired but portable that i could plug the spot lights into. Is there anything out there like this, and where would i find it. As you can tell I have no idea what I am looking for or what i am doing.... any help would be appreciated! thanks!

I am a member of a small church and I am head of all the productions that we have every year. I am looking for something to control spotlights, no more than 4 across our stage. I have no idea what i am looking for or how much this would cost. I am not looking for something that would be hard wired but portable that i could plug the spot lights into. Is there anything out there like this, and where would i find it. As you can tell I have no idea what I am looking for or what i am doing.... any help would be appreciated! thanks!

It sounds like you want a shoebox dimmer and a small controller. You can have multiple dimmers and a controller for well under a thousand dollars, probably for well more than 4 spotlights. Really depends what your trying to do with them all, If I had to guess you could probably get 8 PARs, 8 channels of dimming and an 8 channel DMX controller for under a thousand, as well as a place to mount them (T stands or something). Just a guess, but a year and a half ago I got 16 PARs, 4x 4 channel dimmer packs, 4x T stands, and 8 decent chinese LED units for under 2 grand. The lights and dimmers and T stands were under 1,000 USD. You want a quarter as many lights and dimming packs, and a cheap controller should not run you that much.

Google "Jands 4pak"- that is probably what you would be looking at or similar.

But Gerard you ned to remember that the vast majority of members on this forum are in the states and the 4pak is voltage and frequency incompatible with their needs.

But Gerard you ned to remember that the vast majority of members on this forum are in the states and the 4pak is voltage and frequency incompatible with their needs.

And I for one had never heard of it.

And the OP is indeed in the US, so the Jands 4pak won't work for them.

I might suggest looking at the DP 4-15, and a Stage Setter 8 to control it. It won't allow you to record scenes, but it should be able to work for what you want. It is a two scene preset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back